Modular Operational Theatre in India is gradually being accepted as a wonderful concept since it is so functional and made with the latest technology. It is a modern take on an operation theatre which aims to offer the best care to a patient.
Modular theatres include an Operation theatre table that has laminar air flow which keeps the air purified inside the theatre itself with the help of AHU and HEPA filter. It also comes with a centralized cooling system which does not harbor any pathogen growth in OT and controls the environment too.
The manufacturers ensure that the modular OTs are safe for patients and can facilitate their post-operative conditions. Moreover, flexibility is the main key of these operation theatres which work on set guidelines. Let us now see what are the features of a modular operation theatre to get a better knowledge about the technology.
Features of a Modular Operation Theatre
Modular operation theatres are constructed with a collection of components which are devised with the latest technology that aids to the success of these operation theatres. Some features including scrub sink are mentioned below:
- View panel
- Pass box
- Surgeon Control ELE panel
- Clean room puf partition wall/ceiling
- SS puff partition
- Stainless steel/aluminum LAF HEPA bed
- Class 100 to 1000
- NABH norms are fulfilled for designs
- HVAC deign of 20,10,3 and 0.3 micron filtration
- Epoxy or PU flooring
- Scrub Sink
While the above list mentioned all the special characteristics of an operation theatre, now let’s see the specifications of a modular operation theatre.
Specifications of a Modular Operation Theatre
Certain features were given special features to facilitate the features of the modular operation theatre and extend help to the staff :
- There is absolute flat floor with no elevation or sink so that the staff can move freely.
- Sub frame is adjustable vertically.
- Hermetic sealing
- The walls are made with noise-cancelling material so that no sound can enter the operation theatre.
- Panels can be easily disassembled without much fret.
- The modular structure is made with non-flammable material.
Benefits of operation theatres with modular designs
Modular design OTs are amazing as they use the latest technology to provide amazing features and characteristics to the operation theatre solely for patient’s care.
- The new-found operation theatre offers an open space for improved safety measures and hygienic conditions.
- There is absolutely no need to compromise on the quality of care provided by the operation theatre and the team working there.
- No infection could enter the OT room since it is installed with filters that constantly remove toxic bacteria from the environment.
- Imaging and X-rays are enabled as key features of a modular OT even when the surgery is ongoing. It helps the doctors to draw quick results of a patient’s current condition and a physical imagery of the internal organs as well. There are other features such as fluoroscopy and robotic X-Ray machines in the shape of arms.
- Such operation theatres are cost-efficient as they save money for patients and hospitals too because most of the surgical procedures can be carried out in the same room. So, patients do not need to change bed every time they have a test scheduled which in turn saves a lot of money.
Comparison between Modular Operation Theatre & Conventional Operation Theatre
Modular operation theatres are advanced at every process of its construction and even after its installation. However, the conventional operating theatres are way different than modular ones since they are the traditional types and do not provide quality control. These conventional Operation theatres rooms are less functional and can prove to be hazardous as patients same the same air as others.
Modular Operation Theatre
Design & Structure
They are designed by using 3D software according to international and national standards.
They offer 60% energy and every modular operation theatre has its own air conditioning.
Temperature & Humid conditions
Every operation theatre controls temperature and humidity with the help of the Air conditioners present inside the room.
It is standardized and the assembly of the modular design is done with the help of an experienced team.
There is a systematic and standardized assembly of components which are easy to control.
Conventional Operation Theatre
Design & Structure
A 2D CAD environment is given by the teams working independently which results in separate work and doesn’t fit compatible with each other.
There is no option for saving energy and 100% fresh air from the environment is used since there is a centralized air conditioner.
Temperature & Humid conditions
Since there is a centralized system for air conditioning, humidity or temperature cannot be set differently for each and every room.
Since a bunch of different vendors work, the products are different from each other.
Quality cannot be assessed all the time since so many constructors are at work on-site.