Many people are now looking towards natural home remedies for acne, instead of off-the-shelf products to get rid of their acne problems. This is understandable since it is both convenient and economical to do so at home. Before we go straight into any home remedy for acne, let’s take a look at some of the simple things to do to complement our acne home remedies.
Proper vitamin supplement intakes, lots of water and regular exercise will help to detoxify our bodies, and improve our skin condition. This will work hand in hand with the following cheap but effective home remedies for acne:
1. Did you know that your toothpaste can help to reduce the swelling of your pimples? Apply some before you sleep and you will see the immediate effect the next morning.
2. Mix lemon juice with rose water. One lemon with same proportion of rose water will do. Apply it on your face and rinse it only after 30 mins. Constantly doing so will not only get rid of acne and pimples, but it also has the effect of lightening the skin blemishes.
3. Use fresh mint juice to apply on your face.
4. Strawberry leaves can also help to reduce the pimple swelling.
5. Orange peel can also be used. Basically, you need to mash it or blend it, mix with some water to form a paste before applying on your problem area.
6. Mix turmeric powder with some mint juice before applying on the acne. Wash it off with clean, lukewarm water after about 30 mins.
7. Even cooking condiments such as vinegar and salt have their uses as home remedies for acne. Mix the two together, before rubbing the mix over the pimples. Leave it there for some 10 to 20 mins before removing with lukewarm water.
8. Make a paste with cucumber before using it as a facial mask. Leave the mask on for 30 mins daily. Doing this will prevent acne from breaking out.
9. If you can tolerate the smell of garlic on your face, then go ahead to apply some fresh garlic on the pimples. They will disappear after repeated applications.
10. Even the milk that you drink is useful as a home remedy for acne. Blend nutmeg with milk and you have a powerful paste to zap those pimples away.
While these have worked for many folks who tried them, it does not guarantee it will work for some people.
This article may be freely reprinted or distributed in its entirety in any ezine, newsletter, blog or website. The author’s name, bio and website links must remain intact and be included with every reproduction.
The author is a prolific writer who has varied interest in different topics in life. Find out more about effective home remedies for acne – how you can cure acne in 3 days easily and naturally from home.